2.16.2014

Shipped My Soul to Ireland

I haven't posted on my poetry blog since November 24, 2012.  And I haven't written any deliberate type of poetry since within a month's time of that date. Not in doodles, not in notebooks, and not really in any blog drafts.

People say "Do what makes you happy" because we only have a few minutes here to make our mark. At this exact moment in my life I am doing everything opposite from that advice. If I decided right at this moment to do exactly what would make me happy, I would save every penny toward a plane ticket, fly to Ireland, find a job, and live off of every penny I could collect, and rampage around with my camera, breathing in every second of the bliss. I know you're thinking at least one of the following things:

i. That's unrealistic.
ii. I don't think that would be as blissful as you think it would be.
iii. Hahahahahahalfd kllkfja e;l.  Cute
iv. You're in school, in endless debt, and you need to have realistic goals that involve swallowing everything you don't want and look toward a career, a family, and a budget that doesn't even make sense to you.
v. Then do it Bethany, nobody is stopping you. Go risk it all and we'll be here for you with a tissue and "I told you so" smiles when you figure out it's not as easy as you'd like it to be out there.

But guess what, children. My invincibility complex, my romantic mindset, and my passport will make it happen. No attempts at giving me a reality check, please, because those are already my life's only constant.

[But just give me a minute to get this all figured.]

2 comments:

Alison said...

You obviously don't know me.

ALSO! You should know that there is currently a Groupon or Living Social deal or something for an 8-day trip to Ireland including airfare, rental car, and B&B for $999.

Jana said...

Um, mostly I'm just thinking, can I come?! Especially after reading the above comment ^^^^ Where do I sign up?!